Tim and I enjoy Jimmy John’s Unwiches™ but they are not always good on the budget. We have made our own unwiches at home, which is fairly easy to do. My favorite JJ’s Unwich is #9 BIG ITALIAN™. I thought, “Why not just make a salad out of the sandwich?” – so I did. Here is how I make mine. I do add Pepperoni to my salad for extra flavor, which is not in a Jimmy John’s #9 Unwich™.
- 85 grams Romaine hearts or leaves (or you could use 1 cup of Baby Spinach 42 grams and 42 grams of the romaine)
- 1/2 of a medium tomato (diced)
- 28 grams Pepperoni Slices cut into quarters (I use Hormel™ brand)
- 4 slices/28grams Carando™ Hard Salami from Costco™ cut up into pieces
- 2 oz of Boar’s Head™ Sweet Sliced Ham diced into bite-size pieces
- 1 oz Boars Head™ Capicola diced into pieces
- 28 grams (2 slices) Boar’s Head™ Provolone Cheese either torn up or cut into pieces
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Garlic Powder – just a few dashes or to taste
- Dried Oregano leaves – just a few dashes or to taste
Mix salad ingredients together. In a small cup mix all the dressing ingredients together. Add dressing to salad and toss. The only thing left to do is ENJOY!
The approximated macros are: Calories 649; Carbs 9; Fat 53; Protein 36 To calculate your own ingredients and macros please visit this link.